This policy describes:
- How personal information is collected and what is collected
- How we use and share such information
- The security procedures in place to protect the unauthorized disclosure and use of your personal information
- What options we offer to manage this information, including how to request access, update or delete it.
How Information is Collected and What Is Collected
We collect information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you browse or visit our Website, register on or use the Website, configure and use the Products and Services, place an order, or respond to a survey or other communication from us. For example, we and our third party service providers will ask you to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, mobile number, and credit or debit card information as part of registration, ordering, and other business transactions.
Other personally identifiable information we may collect includes: device-specific information (such as your operating system, mobile phone network, mobile device ID, and other device-specific unique device identifiers such as your computer’s internet protocol address), specific geographical location and your browsing and interaction habits. Our Website may use “cookies” or similar technologies to personalize and otherwise enhance your experience or to deliver the Products and Services. A cookie is a small file placed on your device or computer to help us track Users and usage patterns. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain features or parts of the Website.
When you visit or use the EQPIOT Website, we and our third-party service providers automatically log website analytic data, including but not limited to browsing activity, browser type, the services you use, IP addresses, page view order, page view duration, personal preferences, and other websites you’ve visited.
If you are using our Products and Services to monitor your onsite systems, you will need to identify these systems, and provide information including but not limited to their physical location and IP addresses, login, password, and other system access information, as well as network and corresponding network passwords. If the Product and Service you use involves monitoring of business and operational information such as uptime, downtime, throughput, levels, prices, sales, and costs, you will need to provide us access to each system that stores this information. EQPIOT and our third party service providers will have access to these systems and will store this information to provide you with this service. You acknowledge our need and use of this information to provide the Products and Services.
You may choose to contribute, post and otherwise interact on the EQPIOT community boards and forums on the Website. You will have the opportunity to choose what information (other than your User name which is not optional) you would like to make public. You may choose whether to display or give out your contact details and other personally identifiable information on the Website. We may retain this data and the content of these interactions for later use.
You may provide payment details when purchasing Products and Services from EQPIOT. We utilize Amazon Pay for payment processing which is a PCI compliant third party provider. No EQPIOT employees have access to the credit card details you enter into Amazon Pay.
At times EQPIOT may collect information from third-parties that use our Products and Services. They may provide us with Personal or Anonymous Data that we will use to continue to improve these offerings.
How We Use and Share Collected Information
We share personal information collected with third parties that assist us in supporting us in providing our Products and Services, in understanding how you use our Website, and to provide advertising services to us and on our behalf. These third parties are obligated to protect the information they process on our behalf in accordance with our policies and applicable law, and include but are not limited to: Amazon Pay, Amazon Login, Amazon Web Services, MixPanel, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and WooCommerce.
Specifically, EQPIOT collects, uses, and shares personal information for the following purposes:
- Accepting orders and processing transactions – we use the information you provide to process and fulfill your orders. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- Provide the Products and Services and communicate with you – Your email address and mobile phone number will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It also may be used to respond to your inquiries. You will receive an automated email and/or text messages if a system or sensor we are monitoring for you indicates an alert is needed if you have subscribed to a Product and Service that includes this service and provided the relevant contact information. You will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or text messages, we include unsubscribing instructions at the bottom of each communication (or you may contact us via the Website).
- Improving customer service – collected information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. For example, we and our third-party service providers use this information to be more responsive to Users’ support requests, and our engineering team can be more efficient in resolving bugs and improving the user experience
- Improving the Website, Products, and Services – we continually work to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- EQPIOT may collect and create anonymous data by excluding personally identifiable information. We reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any purpose and disclose it to third parties at our sole discretion
- Protecting our rights or complying with legal process – we may disclose your personal information to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any valid governmental or regulatory request; or to protect EQPIOT’s rights or property or the safety of EQPIOT, our customers, employees, or others.
We retain the information we collect for as long as we needed for the above mentioned legitimate business purposes.
By providing your email and mobile phone number to EQPIOT, you acknowledge and consent that EQPIOT may contact you using emails, automated text messages, and pre-recorded automated calls. The content of these calls may be informational or marketing/promotional in nature. This consent may be removed by selecting the unsubscribe option included in EQPIOT communications, but until such consent is revoked, you may receive such communications on a continuing basis.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt commercially reasonable administrative and technical measures for data collection, storage, and processing of information, to secure and protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption on the Website and all traffic to and from Amazon Web Services IoT is encrypted over Transport Layer Security (TLS).
While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Your Options for Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Information
Also, certain states permit Users who are residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to the contact information below with “Marketing Privacy Request” in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
Your Cookie Preferences and Do Not Track Signals
- Some browsers may offer a “Do Not Track” feature. The Website may not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Website or any of our Products and Services.
United States Law
EQPIOT operates in the United States of America, under U.S. law. Any information you choose to send to this Site or EQPIOT will be transferred to EQPIOT in the U.S., and its service providers, subject to the laws of the United States. Some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, do not consider the U.S. legal system to offer protections that are “adequate” in their judgment. If you do not wish your information to subject to U.S. law, please do not send it to EQPIOT.
EQPIOT does not intend to offer its Product and Services in any jurisdiction where the offering of same would be contrary to applicable local law, and any such offer of Products and Services is void if illegal under applicable law.
39 Harrison St.
Newton, MA 02461